The jewelry trade in New York City dates back hundreds of years, to a time when small workshops and foundries began popping up in lower Manhattan. By 1795, Maiden Lane had become a jeweler’s hub. Many of these shops have since migrated to other parts of the city, but a single store – William Barthman Jeweler, has held its ground. Lower Manhattan continues to see significant changes, from thousands of new residential units being built, to several high-end retail stores finding a home in the area. Work still progresses on the new transit hub, just down the street from our location, as well as the re-building of the World Trade Center. Although William Barthman continues to be part of these changes, our core values and mission remain grounded as we enter our 134th year.